Zuid-Limburg Bereikbaar: smart and sustainable mobility
Since 2010, we have been working with the national government, the Province of Limburg, the Municipality of Maastricht, and many other partners to improve the accessibility of Maastricht. Now we are continuing to work on smart, safe, and sustainable mobility to foster a healthy living and working climate in the whole of South Limburg. To match this ambition, we have chosen a new name and taken on new partners. All municipalities in South Limburg have joined the programme at this stage. We are using that extra strength to put smart, sustainable, and safe mobility more clearly on the map. To start, we would like to introduce everyone to our new websites.
There were concerns in Maastricht about turning the A2 into an underground tunnel, such as: Will commuters end up in traffic jams? Will it become more difficult to get supplies into the city? Together with employers, we achieved successes and convinced commuters to travel differently. The city also remained accessible while the Noorderbrug bridge was closed. We make sure we take local details into account. Maastricht Bereikbaar will remain active, by pursuing activities such as an approach tailored to the city centre.
Organizing mobility in the region in a smart, sustainable, and safe way
Nearly all journeys could be made in a smarter way. As an example, ask yourself the following questions about your next journey: Is there an alternative means of transport for the car? If choosing to use the car, can you use it more efficiently? Our new online environment helps travellers to rethink their habits. Changing behaviour is not easy. However, our products make it possible for everyone to move to making that change.
- On ZuidLimburgBereikbaar.nl, we explain what we do for governments, employers, and entrepreneurs.
- On MaakdeBeweging.nl commuters and travellers will find alternatives to ensure smart, safe, and sustainable mobility in and to South Limburg. This is a way to access a defined range of options to encourage people to cycle, use public transport, and use electric vehicles.
- LogistiekBereikbaar.nl is the platform of choice for sustainable and smart logistics within and outside cities.
- MaastrichtBereikbaar.nl continues to inform travellers about smart travel to the city centre.
- AutoBewust.nl is a theme page and provides a number of tips for anyone who wants to get started with more efficient car use.
Will you join us in moving towards smart, sustainable, and safe mobility in South Limburg? We will continue to help you as we always have done. Starting October 2019, we will continue to do this under the name of Zuid Limburg Bereikbaar.
This is a joint venture between the Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Works (Rijkswaterstaat), the Province of Limburg, and the South Limburg municipalities. The new implementation programme focuses on sustainable and safe travel as well as accessibility, and traffic flow. The programme office's activities are financed by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat), the Province of Limburg, the Municipality of Maastricht, and forty large employers in South Limburg.